MIFF Awards entries are now open on-line. To register and submit to the next edition, go to the link here below and begin your entry
Entries are non-refundable. All submissions must be registered and paid on-line at the link here above no later than the last Entry Deadline (be aware that submission rate fees change with timing as written down below).
Texts, images, film infos, press-kit and so forth must be uploaded on-line. When you finalized your submission, paid the application fee online and obtained your WAB Code registration, you can write it on two (2) DVD screeners of your film and physically mail them to the address as instructed below (secure online screeners can be sent including the WAB Code along with link and password):
MIFF Awards - Made in Milan
Viale Lazio, 1, Milano 20135 Italia
(please highlight on the package Submission Category and WAB code)
MIFF Awards 2016 accepts films completed after January 1, 2016. Please note that: if films have never been shown in Italy - not even at other festivals or events - and so it will be an Italian premiere, there is no completion date requirement.
OPPORTUNITY (FOR FEATURE AND DOCUMENTARY FILMS CATEGORY NON-ITALIAN LANGUAGE ONLY): if the film will be provided with Italian subtitles, the fee will be waived and returned. Please contact email@example.com to know how.
1) Film entries submitted to MIFF Awards go through the selection process by our programming committee. The selected films are then notified of their "nominated for awards" status.
2) The nominated films are then privately exhibited for Leonardo Da Vinci Film Society (LDVFS) Members - and therefore still able to maintain their premiere status - to determine the Winner in each category.
3) Subsequently, the Film Nominee Winners are invited to Milan to participate to the screenings and receive the Da Vinci Award.
4) After the screenings the Top Audience Award, Winner among the Nominee Winners' films - and so Best Film Category Winner - will be announced.
For further informations or questions please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entry constitutes agreement with MIFF Awards Protocol and Regulations as set forth in the application. Please read the application's rules on-line carefully and communicate it to all appropriate parties of your organization prior to registering your title. The submission of this form does not guarantee any Da Vinci Nomination of your film for MIFF Awards.
Here below the General Terms and Conditions of Entry to which all applicants voluntarily agree submitting the film to the festival.
1. The Selection or Programming Committee's decisions (for the Nominations), LDVFS Members' (for the different Categories Winners) and Audience's voting opinions (for Best Film Top Da Vinci Award Category) are final.
2. MIFF reserves the rights to screen all the Nominee films to LDVFS Members (close to the public) and Awarded films to a public audience during the festival dates and to LDVFS events.
3. A Nominee filmmaker announced as a Winner will be provided with hospitality (accommodation expenses paid by LDVFS) to receive the Da Vinci Award and participate at the festival's Winner screening.
4. The entrants are responsible for the R/T shipping expenses of the print (or the format accepted) to Milan at the festival and for a LDVFS Members private show online to allow the Winner ballot in each category. MIFF Awards organization will not be responsible for all other associated shipping costs (ie. promotion materials, etc.). Please be aware that different Category rules apply.
5. DVDs submitted for selection previews will not be returned. Please, do not send your original.
6. Missing information may delay processing and/or cause rejection of application. Entries will not be considered unless the submission is completed and the entry fee is paid online at withoutabox.com.
7. Films/videos that have received television exposure, including network, cable, pay TV and/or theatrical release in Italy prior to the Winner's announcement are not eligible for MIFF Awards. Different Category rules apply.
8. Work-in-progress will be considered only if a “first cut” can be previewed.
9. More than one entry may be submitted by a single applicant. An Entry online, a corresponding Entry Fee and a WAB code (to be written on DVDs or sent via email along with link and password) must accompany each and every entry.
10. Non-profit Cultural Association LDVFS reserves the right to use footage, trailer, title and information of the nominated films for promotional purposes on media (web included) as set forth by the Law. MIFF Awards organization also reserves the right to use Nominee or Winner films at any LDVFS or MIFF Awards hosted event internationally.
11. The format accepted must arrive ASAP when requested (should there be any problem with delivery, please contact us immediately). If exhibition material is not received by the date requested without written notification, the scheduled entry may be forfeited and replaced. Filmmakers or submitters will be contacted by our Subtitles department immediately after the Winner announcement.
12. Films submitted must provide press-kit material as set forth in the on-line submission process (not mandatory, but it could affect the selection process). A video-trailer downloadable from the internet in a Web format will be requested to the Nominee films announced. Different materials apply to different categories, and various HD items may be added if the film will be Awarded as a Winner.
13. Film produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. If selected as a Nominee, complete dialogue in English of the movie must be provided in a Word doc format. English language films will be screened with Italian subtitles. Italian language films will be screened with English subtitles. All other films will be screened with Italian and English subtitles*. MIFF Awards Nominees grant permission to “audio-describe” the film for the sight-impaired and to translate and dub dialogues in Italian for promotion purposes.
*FOR FEATURE FILMS AND DOCUMENTARY CATEGORY NON-ITALIAN LANGUAGE ONLY: if the film will be provided with Italian subtitles the fee will be waived, and returned. Please contact email@example.com to know how.
14. If informed in advance, Nominees and Winners are strictly prohibited from communicating their winning status before the Award Ceremony. Divulging the winning status may result in the withdrawal of the Nominee Status or the award.
15. Title of work, category of submission and WAB registration code must be labeled or well written on DVDs sent for selection or sent along with the link and password if available online.
16. IMPORTANT: all non-Italian films must follow the procedure to be imported temporarily for Cultural porpuse. Please inquire at your expedition companies on regulations for clearing films and videotapes through Italian customs with the minimum charge. Extra fees on customs expenses due to negligence/misinformation will be quoted and charged to the sender.
17. Nominee and Winner films reserve the rights to quote the recognition and the respective logo for all activities related to the promotional life of the film and distribution, in Italy and around the world.
18. MIFF Awards organization, Non-profit Cultural Association LDVFS, reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or Festival scheduling without prior notice. The changes will be addressed in writing via email to all submitted films.