MIFF, MIFF AWARDS AND LEONARDO DA VINCI FILM SOCIETY
An high recognition formula specifically designed to make independent filmmakers - and their films - more successful and marketable.
What LDVFS offers is a new concept for International film events - a unique film festival based on the traditional award Nomination format originated in the Oscar system made by the Academy of Motion Picture, Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) - and dedicated to new independent films and the people behind, in the new era of television and social media.
With the criteria of Da Vinci Nomination selection, and the Independent Spirit Identity , MIFF Awards it's an event studied for filmmakers/distributors who always necessitate to raise the prestige and the Media impact of their films while keeping the premiere status. The title will be selected among the Nominations, in a specific category, and will be exhibited only if it wins! Otherwise no worry! You keep the prestige of your Da Vinci Nomination along with the premiere status of the film so that you may pursue premier billing at other festivals and/or markets.
MIFF Awards entries are now open on-line. To register and submit to the next 2017 edition, go to the link here below and begin your entry.
HOW THE MIFF AWARDS WORK...
1. Only new titles not yet released in Italy (theaters, dvd, etc.) are qualified for submission to the Da Vinci Awards, or MIFF Awards.
2. Just like any conventional film festival, films submitted are initially selected and chosen by programmers, in our case a Nomination Committee.
3. The Nominees are selected among the submitted films in each Section and Specific Category (5 names per category including Best Directing, Best Screenwriting, Best acting Performance Male and Female, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Production Design, Best Music/Sound Design, Best Supporting Actor and Actress). The candidates are then notified of their "nominated for awards" status and published online and in the catalogue.
4. The films of the Nominated filmmakers are exhibited privately to the members of the nicknamed "Da Vinci Academy" (LDVFS) who vote for the winner in each category.
5. The Winner filmmakers in each category are invited in Milan to receive the Da Vinci Award, and participate to the screening of their film during the festival (other Nominees' films maintain their premiere status).
6. Following the Winner announcement, the core festival program takes place and Winner films of each specific category will be exhibited to the public* and will automatically compete for the Best Film Category.
7. Following the Winner Filmmaker's Movie screenings to the public, the Audience's Choice Award among the Winners, defines the Winner in the Best Film category of the festival.
* MIFF Awards Winner screening schedule could be strategically arranged based on their Italian release screenings.
MIFF (from English acronym for Milan International Film Festival), nicknamed by the press as the "Milanese Sundance", has been recognized and distinguished as the official International Cinema exhibition festival of Milan. MIFF existed as a conventional film festival for 10 years, until 2010, when with the tenth edition MIFF reinvented itself as MIFF Awards, a brand new genre in the sphere of film events that featured an avant-garde format developed through an unwavering commitment to support Cinema culture.
Organized by the non-profit Italian cultural association Leonardo Da Vinci Film Society (LDVFS), MIFF Awards merge a traditional film festival format to selection criteria initiated by AMPAS, nowadays known as the Oscar. Each year, LDVFS selects an eclectic pool of exceptional independent films from all over the world and exhibits the winning films during its showcases in Milan and often bring them touring in other locations.
Visit the following link to know each section's specific award category.
To submit your film to MIFF Awards for Leonardo's Horse Nominations go to the following SUBMISSION link.
To know more about MIFF and MIFF Awards history, please consult MIFF History page .
When ready you could click here to download the Anteop spazioCinema DAY BY DAY Winner Screening calendar in PDF of the current year (2017 EDITION TO BE ANNOUNCED).